We all know that sugary junk food isn’t going to do us any favors for our waistlines, but eating lots of sugar will also lead to problems such tooth decay, cavities, and even tooth loss.
Let us break it down for you: sugar that lives in the mouth gets devoured by bacteria which create acids that break down your tooth enamel. This leads not only to decay but to other problems, including gingivitis.
Because we live in such a fast-paced culture, it’s common to neglect a balanced diet in favor of an unhealthy one made up of convenient foods with high-sugar content. It is obvious that this type of lifestyle is detrimental to not only people’s oral health, but to their overall well-being.
So what can you do to prevent tooth decay and lead a healthy lifestyle? Staying away from fast food and foods high in sugar is the obvious answer, but there are other things you can do as well.
Ways to ensure your teeth feel healthy and can give you strategies to prevent tooth decay:
- Brush your teeth at least two times per day with POPWHITE toothpaste that contains xylitol which reduces plaque and tartar while protecting the enamel.
- Rinse with POPWHITE Oral Rinse which also contains xylitol to prevent bacteria from sticking to the teeth. This is how it protects the teeth from tooth decay.
- Floss your teeth with floss or a Waterpik.
- Ask your dentist about dental sealants, so we can stop your teeth from decaying.
- Most importantly drinking lots of water!