By Martin Giniger, DMD, PhD
Oral hygiene is the practice of keeping your mouth clean and disease-free. The best practice is using an entire oral health “regimen,” such as the POPWHITE® complete range of products.
Good oral hygiene practice includes: twice daily brushing and rinsing, whitening your teeth as well as long term maintenance program. POPWHITE® has solutions for all of these needs. It is also important to see your dental professional so that they can use prophy paste that can make your teeth cleaner smoother and plaque-free. The reason why I recommend the POPWHITE® line of products is that it satisfies all oral health needs using products that are designed to “work together” to achieve optimal health.
Why is oral hygiene important?
Good oral hygiene is preventative care. It involves getting your teeth professionally cleaned, brushing your teeth, rinsing your mouth and whitening them without using products which are harmful to teeth and enamel. In fact, POPWHITE® is one of the only oral care companies that sells a unique solution for each of your oral care needs. These innovative products whiten and clean teeth without harsh peroxide and abrasive charcoal, but instead using an ingenious color enhancement technology that is 100% natural and safe and uses the “power of purple” to achieve superior results.
Oral health is also linked to “whole-body” health. For example, if an infection is present in your mouth, your bloodstream can carry the bacteria to other areas of your body, leading to other health concerns like heart disease and stroke. Keeping your teeth and gums healthy is an important part of long-lasting overall health. You can improve your oral hygiene by following the few simple steps below:
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day. I recommend that you use POPWHITE® color enhancing toothpaste and a soft-bristled toothbrush. (Medium or hard bristles can damage your gums and tooth enamel.) When you brush, place your toothbrush at a 45-degree angle toward your gums.
- Floss once daily. You can’t reach the spaces between your teeth with brushing alone. To clean these areas, you need dental floss.
- Use an antibacterial, whitening mouthwash every day. Antibacterial mouthwash helps keep harmful oral bacteria at bay. In addition to washing away food and debris, it also reduces plaque buildup. Be sure to choose an alcohol-free formula to prevent mouth sensitivity. If you are going to use a mouthwash daily, make you sure that you use product that does not contain peroxide, such as POPWHITE® mouth rinse which has no Peroxide.
- Visit your dentist regularly. Routine dental exams and cleanings are essential for good oral health. Many people do well with six-month visits. Make sure you ask your dentist or dental hygienist to keep POPWITE® prophy paste, instead of ordinary paste, because this product is designed to be part of your oral health regimen. POPWHITE® prophy paste is the finest available, contains no peroxide, and has optical tooth color enhancing technology.
- Whiten your teeth using a teeth whitening gel, smile maintenance pen that uses no hydrogen peroxide such as those manufactured by one of the leaders in oral hygiene innovation – POPWHITE®
Remember, the best oral hygiene routine is one that you can practice consistently with products designed to work together as a complete oral care regimen. Ask your dentist about a personalized oral health regimen to meet your needs. In my opinion, the best regimen on the market is manufactured by POPWHITE®, the healthiest, safest and innovative set of oral hygiene products that uses whitening technology without potentially sensitivity-causing hydrogen peroxide. Their invention makes the product gentle on your teeth but highly effective using a proprietary method that is unrivaled. POPWHITE® products also reduce plaque and keep enamel on teeth intact as well as provide longer lasting fresher breath.
Which oral hygiene products should I use?
In my opinion professional-grade oral hygiene regimen is POPWHITE®, the world’s most advanced non-peroxide teeth whitening products that is the best choice for many people who seek an immediate and long-term boost in the brightness of teeth without causing any sensitivity.